Do you need support to find employment?
EmployAbility Midlands assist people with disabilities in securing paid employment in the open labour market.
Our free and confidential service can help you with:
Our Service to Job Seekers
• Confidential advice on the various career options available
An Employment Officer is a person who provides specialist employment support to assist the Job Seeker to find and maintain competitive paid employment whilst also providing support to the employer
Employment Grants and Supports
There are a number of grants and supports available to support you in the workplace. With our colleagues in the Department of Social Protection we can access these grants on your behalf or on the behalf of your employer. The following is a list of the most frequently used
- Reasonable Accommodation Fund for the Employment of Disabled People
- Workplace Equipment Adaptation Grant: This grant can be used to buy assistive technology to help you in your new role, or to get a work premises modified to provide better access in the workplace
- Job Interview Interpreter Grant: This grant can be used to provide you with a sign language interpreter for interview
- Personal Reader Grant: This grant can be used for blind or visually impaired workers who require assisted reading in their job
- Employee Retention Grant: This is for employees who have become disabled to help them return to work
Will I get a job?
While we make every effort to help you find suitable employment, we cannot guarantee that this will happen. Finding employment depends on various factors such as:
- The availability of suitable jobs in your locality relevant to your skills and abilities
- You being actively involved in the four stages
- The needs of employers
- The hours of work you are willing to do
- The type of employment you are willing to consider
- Your willingness to engage in work experience
- Your ability to get to and from work – transport implications
We may at any stage exit you from the EmployAbility Midlands Service if we feel that it is not the correct service for you. However, we will not do this without discussing this with you first. If we feel that another service is more suitable, we may (with your consent) refer you to it, for example a training service.
EmployAbility Services are funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Social Protection.
Employability Service Midlands is a trading name of Midland Employment Support Agency clg No 388527
Tá Seirbhísí Infhostaitheachta maoinithe ag Rialtas na hÉireann tríd An Roinn Coimirce Sóisialaí.
Charity Number: CHY17331
website design by dmac media